Driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs is a serious crime that often results in severe consequences depending upon the situation. Such person is usually the cause of traffic accidents and subsequently taking lives of innocent people. The New York State has provided stricter laws for DWI cases, which is mainly due to the drastic increase in the statistics of the crime. Hiring a Queens DWI Lawyer as a defense attorney is an ideal option if one finds themselves involved in DUI cases.
Possible Charges of a DWI Case in Queens County
One of the most serious adversities of being charged with driving under the influence or driving while intoxicated case is the possibility of it appearing on your permanent record. Breach of such laws in Queens has serious consequences with the law becoming more stringent. The charges and penalties have become ore stern even for minor or first time offenses. In order to ensure minimum sentence in the court a defendant can hire the Queens DUI attorney to legally represent him in court. Some of the consequences a DUI offender has to face include the following.
• Suspension of drivers license possibly with no conditional or hardship license
• With a previous DWI record permanent seizure of vehicle is possible
• Probable jail time up to one year in case of refusal to take the breathalyzer test or in case of a severe traffic accident
• A new law being implemented recently, a case where a minor is present in the car while DWI or DWI then the case is treated as felony
Services Provided by DWI Lawyers:
In accordance with the State laws, a New York DWI lawyer provides his services as a defense attorney for the accused in a DUI case. The lawyers stand by the client through the entire ordeal from the arrest to bail till the arraignment hearing. After the arraignment, hearing the lawyer presents himself in the court as the client’s legal representative. The lawyer ensures that the defendant is charged with minimum sentence.
Some of the areas where the Queens DWI lawyer provides his services include the following:
• Protect the seizure of the clients’ license
• In case where the license is suspended they the help acquire a conditional or hardship license to their clients
• Ensure that the client’s vehicle is not suspended and provide them with legal aid with DMV hearings
• To make sure that the client is pressed with minimum charges
Important Factors that Help the Lawyer in Preparing a Strong Case:
The Queens DWI lawyer must be aware of the ins and outs of the case in order to present a strong defense in the court. Few of the more important questions that a lawyer must know the answers of are as follows:
• Was there a traffic accident and were there any injuries or deaths?
• Does the accused have a past record of a DWI case in any state?
• Did the defendant cooperate with the police as far as the breathalyzer test is concerned, and what was the blood alcohol level?
• Were there any witnesses at the scene of the crime that may help the defendant with his case?
Having answers to these questions can help the Queens DWI lawyer to prepare a solid case for the court and to make sure that the client suffers minimum consequences. best dwi lawyer