Time after time our kitchen devices need repairing. In case of coffee maker, there are some problems which can be fixed by yourself and within a short period of time it will function again. The choice is up to you: whether to send it in for repair or to replace it with a new one. Even if the breakdown is not serious, it will be expensive to repair your coffee maker by giving it to the specialist.
There are three main things you should check first:
- Doors of the coffee maker should be closed;
- There should be water in the capacity;
- The coffee maker should be connected to a power outlet.
Mineral Deposits and Obstruction Can Be The Cause of Disarrangement of Your Coffee Maker
One of the problems with your device, which can be easily resolved, can happen because of mineral deposits. It may take place in case the water is hard. If your device doesn’t work because of mineral deposits then you can see it through the following signs:
- Coffee is brewed slowly;
- No steam comes from the top.
It can happen with both types of coffee makers (auto drip and single serve). This problem can be solved by cleaning the coffee machine with vinegar or special liquid meant for cleaning of coffee machines.
How to remove mineral deposits:
- First, you should remove water from the reservoir;
- Then you should empty the coffee pot;
- Use vinegar to pour it into the reservoir (liquid for coffee machine can be used too);
- Switch on the coffee machine to let the vinegar or cleaning liquid run through it into the coffee pot;
- Wash the coffee pot;
- Run clean water through the coffee machine in order to get rid of leftovers of vinegar or cleaning liquid.
Depending on the quality of water you use in your device, you should do this procedure once in a month in order for it to work perfectly.
Reasons Why You Can’t Turn The Coffee Machine On
It often happens that the coffee machine doesn’t work because you can’t turn it on. Here are some signs that show this problem:
- The display doesn’t blink;
- Coffee is not brewing.
It can happen with both types of devices (auto drip and single serve).
First of all you should check the rosette to which your coffee maker is plugged in. If you have a GFCI rosette, then try to restart it. The GFCI rosette has a special button that should be pressed in order to do it. Then try your coffee machine one more time. If there is no result then try to connect another device to this rosette to see if it works. If the rosette doesn’t work then you should check the circuit breaker in the panel box. If the tumbler switch is off, then you should turn it on and try to use your coffee maker one more time. Pay attention: if a circuit breaker turns off then you should consult the specialist who will check it in order to avoid dangerous problems. If your rosette works but the coffee maker still didn’t turn on then you should try to disconnect it from the rosette for a few hours. The tension in the control circuit will discharge and it will provoke a full reset. Then connect it to the rosette again and try to switch it on in a few hours more.
Coffee Machine Doesn’t Work Because of Water Leakage
- Leakage can take place because all the parts of coffee maker are connected not tightly;
- Make sure that the filter basket is firm and the pot is stable under the filter basket;
- Make sure that the filter is not blocked by coffee ground which provokes overflowing;
- Look at the pot in order to identify the problem. There may be some cracks;
- If there are cracks on the pot, then you can buy a new one which will cost you ten dollars;
- If the leakage happens because of cracks on the plastic part of the coffee maker then you may seal it with epoxy.
The Price of Repairing of a Coffee Maker
If your coffee maker needs repairing then you should know that nowadays it is rather expensive, because the price includes delivery, labor and parts which you send to the service center. You can avoid payment for delivery if you bring the broken coffee machine to the nearest specialist by yourself. To repair this device you will have to pay for about thirty or fifty dollars. It is even better and easier to buy a brand new coffee maker. Some easy problems with coffee maker you can fix by yourself, but if the breakdown is rather serious then it is much better to buy a new one. reusable iced coffee cup